This is in pursuance of the implementation of the recommendations of Justice Verma Commission on Teacher Education by the University as per Final Plan of Action approved by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, it is noticed for the information of all candidates who have applied or are desirous to apply for admission to B. Ed/ B. P. Ed and M. Ed programmes through University Departments or Government/Private Colleges, that the duration of the aforementioned courses from the current academic session shall be of two years.
- The candidate applying for Direct/In-service quota seats shall be below 33 years and 53 years of age as on 1st January of the ensuing session respectively.
- The candidate should be a domicile of UT of J & K.
- The Candidate should be medically fit and must possess good moral character.
- The candidate should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized University having minimum 45% Marks in respect of General Category and 40% in respect of reserved category.
- The candidate should have played at least Inter-District/Inter-College, Inter-State/Inter- University Level championship in the games and sports covered under SGFI and University Level competitions vide Govt. Order No: 808-JDA of 2008 dated 17-06-2008 as amended from time to time/ till date or NCC “B” or NCC “C” certificate.
- The sports category certificate attached must be verified by the concerned secretary/ President of Association for authentication of the certificate. No certificate shall be ascertained without verification.
- The reservation to category candidates shall be applicable as per the Reservation Rules in vogue.